My New Year’s Resolution…
Hey Y’all! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. My family lives in Mississippi and my boyfriend’s family lives in Arkansas, so our holidays were filled with lots of travel. But, it was fantastic!
I ended up taking a few weeks off from creating new content for you just to give myself and break and sort of refresh my goals for the new year.
My biggest resolution this year is to stop being such a workaholic! Lol. I work so much that sometimes I actually have to ‘plan’ going out and having fun just to force myself to do it. Can any of my fellow workaholics relate??
I have so many goals that I want to reach that it makes it hard to set boundaries with my work hours. So, my new year’s resolution is to give myself at least one day per week to not work at all… not even check my email! This is going to be difficult (pray for me.. Lol).
Losing Weight and Getting Healthier in 2018…
Anyway, I know many of you will be setting new year’s resolutions to lose weight, eat healthier, exercise more, and just to live an overall healthier lifestyle in 2018.
Well, I’m here to help you! My next few blog posts and YouTube videos are going to give you ideas and recipes to help you jumpstart your healthy lifestyle and weight loss efforts for the new year.
I’m starting things off today with my Fat-Burning Detox Smoothie recipe.
If you replace one meal per day with this smoothie for at least 30 days, I can pretty much guarantee that you’ll lose weight, gain more energy, feel lighter, and feel healthier overall.
Disclaimer: If you have an underlying medical condition, I can’t guarantee results.
So, who’s in?? Comment below if you’re willing to replace one meal per day with either this smoothie or another detox smoothie for the next 30 days!
Check Out the Video Below to See How I Make it…
- 1 Frozen Banana (make sure it's ripe)
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 2-3 Large Stems of Kale
- 2 Tbsp Ground Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cucumber (peel cucumber if it's not organic)
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- Unsweetened Almond Milk, to taste
- Add the Almond Milk to the blender. The more you add, the thinner the consistency will be. The less you add, the thicker it'll be (based on preference).
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and ENJOY!
- If you don't have a frozen banana, be sure to add some ice. But, freezing your bananas will give the smoothie a thicker, more creamy consistency.
- You can store this smoothie in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, but it's always best to drink it fresh or on the same day that you make it (taste-wise and nutrient-wise).
- I try to always use ground chia seeds in my smoothies because whole chia seeds are very hard to digest (same goes for flax seeds). You can either buy them already ground or ground them using a coffee grinder.