I admit, I’m a sucker for the Cinnamon-Honey flavor combination, especially mixed with sweet potatoes. But, honestly, these mashed carrots are giving my mashed sweet potatoes a run for their money this time around!
Even though they’re much lighter is both density and texture (and lower in calories) than mashed sweet potatoes, they’re SO full of flavor that it doesn’t even matter.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did… do you have any favorite flavor combinations? Did you try this recipe out yet? If so, let me know in the comments below!
To watch me make this recipe step-by-step, check out the video below and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel 🙂
- 1-1.5 lbs Carrots, chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt (start with 1/2 tsp first)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter (use Coconut Oil for Paleo)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Add carrots to a saucepan & fill with water about 2 inches above the carrots
- Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid (leave a little room for ventilation) and cook for 30 minutes or until carrots are really soft
- Drain the water from the carrots in a strainer
- Add carrots back to saucepan and mash with a potato masher
- Once mashed, add in the remaining ingredients and continue to mash and blend until well blended
- Serve and Enjoy!
- You can use an emulsion blender to make them extra creamy and smooth (like I did in the recipe video), but it's not required.