Today, I have another easy skillet recipe for you! If you love savory flavors, then you’re going to love this combination of bacon, shrimp, and mushrooms covered in a coconut cream sauce.
If you’ve followed me long enough, you know I’m all about using high quality ingredients. So, make sure you use pasture-raised bacon and wild-caught shrimp, if possible.
This recipe will be served on zucchini noodles (aka Zoodles). If you’re not familiar with how to make zoodles, check out the video below.
How to Make Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)…
If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below to let me know how you like it. You can also tag me on Instagram.
- 5 Slices of Uncured Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 C. Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 C. Broccoli Florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 C. Baby Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz Wild-Caught Shrimp, peeled & de-frosted
- 1/2 C. Full-Fat Coconut Cream (see note below)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Rock Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Large Zucchini, spiraled into noodles
- Add bacon pieces to a skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon for about 5 minutes (stirring to cook evenly). Once the bacon begins to release some of the fat, add the onion and garlic. Continue to cook/saute for 4-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the mushrooms and broccoli. Cover skillet with a lid and let cook. Toss/stir mixture occasionally to avoid burning. Continue to saute until broccoli has softened to the texture of your liking.
- Add coconut cream, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover skillet with a lid and turn heat to low-medium. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir to avoid burning.
- In a separate skillet or saucepan, add some coconut oil. Then, add your zoodles and saute until they soften a bit (but not too soft).
- Add your sauted zoodles to a serving plate or bowl and top with the bacon/shrimp mixture. ENJOY!
- Coconut cream is the cream in a can of full-fat coconut milk. To separate the cream from the liquid, let can sit in the fridge for at least 30-60 minutes.