During the holidays, it’s easy to over-indulge… even on healthy dishes.
Anytime I go several days eating more than normal, I like to lighten things up by replacing my breakfast or lunch with a high-fiber smoothie for a few days.
Believe me, doing this will have you feeling brand new within a matters of days.
And, if you really want to lose the extra holiday weight fast, then try replacing two meals per day with a smoothie. It works like a charm!
The key is making sure you include lots of fiber & healthy fats in all of your smoothies and keeping sugars to a minimum.
If you’re diabetic or on a ketogenic diet, then try using avocados instead of bananas as your base. It’ll still give you a similar creamy texture without the natural sugars.
This Kale Yeah! Almond Butter Detox Smoothie is a great meal replacement for days when you want to lighten things up.
- 1 Frozen Banana (for low carb, use 1/2-1 Ripe Avocado)
- 2 Handfuls of Kale
- 2 Tbsp Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Scoop Pasture-Raised Collagen Protein Powder, optional (for hair, skin, & nails)
- Birch Xylitol, Erythritol, or Stevia (to sweeten if using the avocado instead of the banana)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.