Need A Healthy & Convenient Breakfast or Snack Idea?
I’ve got you covered! These Blueberry Flax Mini Muffins are absolutely mouth-watering and are a delicious way to stay healthy on-the-go.
Y’all know I’m all about packing in the most nutrients as possible when prepping recipes. And, this one does not disappoint.
The combination of coconut flour and ground flax seeds gives you a power-house of nutrients and (especially) fiber.
One serving (4 mini muffins) contains about 11g of fiber!! That’s 1/3 of your necessary daily intake of fiber.
So, I suggest indulging in these little minis guilt-free. I know I did!!
Links to Ingredients Used in This Recipe Video…
- Organic Coconut Flour
- Organic Ground Flax Seeds (or even better, ground your own seeds in a coffee grinder)
- Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- Organic Vanilla Extract
- Grass-Fed Ghee or Butter (ghee is great for baking because it’s a very stable fat)
- Xylitol (Coconut Palm Sugar or Raw Honey for Paleo…. but use Xylitol to keep in really low carb)
- Fresh Blueberries (local grocery store)
- Lemon Juice (local grocery store)
- Egg (local grocery store)
- Almond Milk (homemade or local grocery store)
- 1/4 C. Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2 C. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C. Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter or Ghee
- 2/3 C. Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 Pasture-Raised Egg
- 2-4 Tbsp Xylitol Coconut Palm Sugar or Raw Honey for Paleo... but to keep it really low carb, stay with Xylitol
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
Line your muffin pan with muffin cups (or grease the pan)
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-45 minutes or until done in the center.
This recipe yields 12 mini muffins or 6 regular sized muffins. One serving (4 mini muffins) contains about 11g fiber!