Hey Y’all! We’re well into our new years theme of “Getting Healthier in 2018” and I have another delicious detox recipe for you today.
It’s my Winter Glow Detox Salad, and its full of nutrition and flavor!
Anyway, I have a confession to make… as a holistic nutritionist, I know how important it is to include salads into my weekly diet, but just because I know something doesn’t mean I actually do it (oops, did I just say that.. Lol).
But, seriously, I get SO bored of eating basic salad recipes every day, so it’s very important that I get creative with my weekly salad recipes in order to avoid the salad “burn-out.” Who knows what I’m talking about??
If you’re like me, then comment below, so I’ll know to post more “creative” salad recipes for y’all 😉
Today’s detox salad recipe is one that’s great for both detox and healthy skin. I’ve included pomegranate for its anti-aging properties and loads of veggies for detox.
You can pair this salad with any healthy dressing you have on hand. Today, I used the Primal Kitchen Paleo Ranch Dressing, which is one of my favorites when I don’t have time to make homemade salad dressing.
I hope y’all enjoy this salad as much as I do!
Check out the video below to watch me make it…
- 3-4 C. Kale, de-stemmed and chopped in a food processor
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from Half a Lemon
- 1 Head of Green Leaf Lettuce, roughly chopped (can also use romaine, butter lettuce, etc.)
- 1/2-1 Cucumber, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 Purple Onion, sliced or diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced or diced (any color)
- 6-8 Radishes, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 C. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2-1 Whole Pomegranate, remove the arils and add to salad
- Avocado, diced (as a topping, to taste)
- Healthy Salad Dressing of Choice
- Add chopped kale to a large salad bowl. Add the olive oil and lemon juice. Massage the oil and lemon juice into the kale until kale is broken down and fully coated. This makes the kale easier to chew and digest.
- Add the green leaf lettuce. Toss.
- Add cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and radishes. Toss to combine.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and pomegranate arils. Toss again.
- You can add the salad dressing & avocado now or when ready to serve. I like to add my dressing to the salad in advance so it marinates in the fridge as I eat it throughout the week.