Of course, seeing snow in the South is a special occasion that requires tons of snow selfies (Lol) and preparing a big ‘ol batch of hearty soup.
Today, I decided to make my Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup because… well, it’s delicious!
This soup recipe is probably one of my top 5 favorites, so I definitely urge you to give it a try.
It’s Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo Friendly, and fairly Low Carb.
I hope y’all enjoy it and stay warm out there!
- 2 Organic, Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, de-seeded and diced (any color)
- 3-5 Medium Organic Tomatoes, roughly diced (add the inner, juicy seeded portion too)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 15oz Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 C. Organic Chicken Broth
- 1/2-1 Tbsp EACH of Cumin, Paprika, Chili Powder, and Italian Seasoning (you can add more later, if desired)
- 1/2-1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Avocado, cubed
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Starting with the base ingredients, add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the crockpot. Next, add the chopped onion, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, and garlic over top the chicken breasts.
- Moving on to the liquid ingredients, add the coconut oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Once it has melted, add the coconut flour and whisk until it forms a smooth texture.
- Next, add the coconut milk and chicken broth. Mix until smooth.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and right as it's breaking a boil, remove it from the stovetop. Whisk in all seasonings at this point until texture is smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over all ingredients in the crockpot. Let cook for 6-8 hours or until chicken is soft enough to shred.
- Before serving, shred your chicken (it should be soft enough to shred very easily). Add the shredded chicken back into the crockpot and mix well. At this point you could serve immediately, but I like to let it sit on the warm setting for another 30 minutes to maximize flavor.
- Once you're ready to serve, add coup to a serving bowl and top with fresh cilantro and cubed avocado. ENJOY!
- This recipe will store in the refrigerator for up to a week.