Today, I’m going to show you how to make a healthier version of eggnog.
This healthy eggnog is the second recipe in a mini series where I’m sharing three Christmas recipes you can serve over the holidays.
The first recipe in this series was my Paleo Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole, and believe me when I say… It’s a MUST try 🙂
If you’re a fan of eggnog, but you’re trying to stick to a healthy, clean diet, then you’re going to love today’s recipe.
First of all, it’s thick, rich, creamy, and all of the good-ness you’d expect from a delicious glass of eggnog. However, there’s no ounce of junk in it… which means you don’t have to feel an ounce of guilt about drinking it!
In fact, I’m about to make myself a glass of it right now while watching some old Christmas classics. 😉
But, before I go, I want to mention that I highly recommend using Organic, Pasture-Raised eggs in this recipe since you will be consuming the eggs raw. I hope you ENJOY!
Check out the video below to watch how I make it…
- 3 C. Full-Fat Coconut Milk (in the can)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Dash or two of Allspice (add more, if desired)
- 4 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1/4 C. Pure Maple Syrup (see notes for low carb option)
- Add coconut milk, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and allspice to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a light boil. Once it reaches a light boil, remove saucepan from stovetop and set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites. Add egg yolks to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add maple syrup to egg yolks and whisk again until fully combined.
- Slowly pour egg yolk mixture into the coconut milk mixture while whisking continuously. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour eggnog into a glass container and refrigerate for a couple of hours. Serve chilled with coconut whipped cream.
- If you're on a low carb diet, you can substitute the maple syrup with birch xylitol or erythritol. You will whisk the sweetener into the egg yolks the same way you do with the maple syrup. It will be thicker but the end results is still delicious.