If you’re looking for a sweet treat that’s low carb and sugar free, then you’ve come to the right place!
Let me begin by saying… I used to be obsessed with Almond Joy Chocolate Bars!
Well, to be fair, I was obsessed with anything coconut… Lol (and still am)!
If you feel the same way, then you need to try these.
The inside of these fat bombs are soft, creamy, and sweet just like a regular Almond Joy.
In fact, when my boyfriend took his first bite, he couldn’t believe how good they were! You know when a healthy recipe passes the boyfriend/husband test, it’s a keeper 😉
By the way, these fat bombs are…
- Gluten Free
- Keto Friendly
- Paleo Friendly
- Vegan Friendly (if you use dark chocolate)
See how I make these low carb fat bombs in the video above (don’t forget to Like & Share)
- 1 C. Coconut Cream (see note below)
- 2 3/4 C. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3-5 Tbsp Birch Xylitol or 20-30 Drops of Liquid Stevia (xylitol yields a better taste)
- 1/4-1/2 C. Chopped Almonds
- Vanilla Extract, to taste (optional)
- 1.5 Tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1.5 C. Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Chips
- Birch Xylitol or Liquid Stevia, to taste (or any other low carb sweetener)
- Mix coconut cream and shredded coconut until fully combined. Then, add in the sweetener and almonds and mix again.
- Form mixture into bite-size balls and freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Once balls are frozen, remove from freezer.
- Heat coconut oil, chocolate, and sweetener in saucepan over medium heat until fully melted and combined. Transfer chocolate mixture to a dipping bowl.
- Dip and coat each ball with the chocolate coating and place onto a non-stick pan, silicon mat, or parchment paper. Repeat this process until all balls are coated.
- The chocolate will begin to harden pretty quickly since the balls are frozen. Enjoy right away or add back to the freezer or fridge. I suggest de-thawing the balls before consuming (so leave some in the fridge and the ones you'll eat later in the week in the freezer). ENJOY!
- For the coconut cream, buy a can of full-fat coconut milk, place it in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the cream and liquid separate, then scoop the cream off the top (for 1 C. use about 1-2 cans).