This recipe is very versatile. Feel free to substitute the ground turkey with ground beef or ground chicken. You can even substitute the veggies with other veggies as well, such as zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, eggplant, etc. Customize it to your liking!
You can also make this recipe in advance if you’re into meal prepping. It’ll last for a week in the refrigerator.
Of course, this recipe is paleo friendly, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, and sugar free.
***If you’re looking to try the paleo diet and need guidance or want to do a 30 day paleo reset, check out my Paleo Meal Plan Subscription. It’s designed to balance hormones, increase metabolism, and help speed up weight loss results (one lady lost 12 lbs in the first 2.5 weeks!)
- 2 Tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 an Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped (any color)
- 1-2 C. Curly Kale, de-stemmed & roughly chopped
- 1.5 C. Sweet Potato, skinned & cut into cubes
- Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Avocado, to taste (to garnish)
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey & garlic. Once ground turkey is about 50% cooked, add the onion, bell pepper, and kale. Stir to combine. Continue to cook until onions are slightly soft.
- Add the cubed potatoes, salt, & pepper. Stir to combine. Cover skillet with a lid & continue to cook until potatoes are soft. Feel free to add some water, if needed, to help the potatoes cook faster & keep everything moist (I added about 1/2 C. a little at a time). Once potatoes are soft, it's ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add fresh parsley & sliced avocado as garnishes. You can also top with organic cheese if you're more primal than paleo.