I admit – Sometimes I get a little jealous of those foodies on Instagram and Pinterest that make those exotic looking smoothies!! I mean seriously sometimes my mouth starts watering when looking at them!! Lol! But, I’m the type of person who likes recipes that can be made in less than 5 minutes, especially if I’m going to be eating/drinking it during the day while working. So, I immediately shunned the idea of making an exotic smoothie recipe because I figured it wouldn’t be relatable in this fast-paced society we live in.
Well, I’ve been proven wrong! I thought it’d take me 30 minutes to make an exotic smoothie; however, I made this gorgeous and (most importantly) delicious smoothie in less than 10 minutes. It is BY FAR the best smoothie recipe I’ve had in a long time. The key is to make sure all ingredients are FULLY ripe (almost over ripe) to maximize its sweetness.
How pretty is it?!?! /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
- 1 Really Ripe Banana (with spots)
- 1 C. Really Ripe Pineapple (sweet, not sour)
- 1/2 C. Frozen Strawberries (or any berry)
- Any topping you’d like.. this is optional (I used Blueberries, sweet cacao nibs, & Pineapple chunks)
- Add Banana and Pineapple to blender, Blend
- Pour Banana/Pineapple mixture into glass
- Add frozen strawberries to blender, Blend
- Pour strawberry blend into glass, let it overflow for that exotic look
- Add any toppings you’d like (optional)
- Using frozen strawberries (instead of non-frozen) makes the top portion of the smoothie a thicker consistency so it sits on top of the banana/pineapple mixture firmly, which also allows for you to add toppings without them soaking into the mixture.